Electric Propulsion 2
Electric Propulsion II, 6 CFU, 2nd semester
The course imparts the students a specialized preparation in the propulsion field extended to the most advanced or more recently introduced technologies, and provides them with the knowledge concerning the principles of operation, the typical performance, the critical aspects and the state of development of electric thrusters for space applications needed to address the main problems of analysis, design, integration and usage.
Instructor: Mariano Andrenucci.
Proficiency verification: Oral exam.
- MHD Channel Theory
- Choueiri IEPC-97-121
- Excerpt Jahn (Derivation of Macker Formula)
- MPD Thrusters (EAE)
- Current Filamentation and Onset in MPD Thrusters
- MPDT Onset
HALL EFFECT THRUSTERS:
- Hall Thrusters: Historical Overview
- Hall Thrusters: Theoretical Aspects
- Scaling of Hall Effect Thrusters (M. Andrenucci, 2005)
- Physics of Stationary Plasma Thrusters (V. Kim, 1998)